Monday, February 09, 2004



Last night I watched a very odd movie called "Heathers," starring Winona Ryder and Christian Slater. It's about a group of very popular girls in a high school who all have the name Heather, except for Winona whose name is Veronica. The girls are revered by the other students, and the girls play croquet all day. But Veronica and her new I hate authority boyfriend Slater have decided to start knocking off the Heathers and other popular people.

This film is very VERY 80s, which is quite apparent from the amount of times people say "It was very." Yes, "very" is the last word in that sentence. I suppose in the rockin' 80s very meant cool. Those crazy 80s, what were they thinking?

Heathers can best be described as a dark comedy, but the only reason I thought it was funny was because of how dated the time period felt. The movie felt jumbled and mixed up. There were parts where I was confused and wondering what the hell was going on. I don't like being lost in a film, which took some points away from this one.

2

out of 4